Wednesday, April 22, 2009

Hoover Dam

For my sister's Spring Break she and my parents came out for a visit. We were so excited to see them since it's been over 7 months. One of the things we did while they were here was go on the Hoover Dam tour. We were planning on going on Monday but dad was a little jet lagged from Japan and we decided to go to Mesquite to visit some family instead. Our much anticipated tour was rescheduled till Wednesday. I have been to Vegas many times and have now lived here for over a year and have not been on the tour yet; I don't know why.

Here we are with the generators that create the hydro-electric power. It was amazing how many they had and how gigantic they were. Crew was so inspired that after we got home he built a replica out of Legos. It was pretty impressive until Layla, in one of her tantrums, destroyed it.

Crew was also pretty intrigued by the construction of the freeway overpass. Finally they are building a road across the canyon so traffic doesn't have to go over the dam. I can't tell you the number of hours we have waisted waiting in traffic crawling across the dam in only two lanes and stopping for pedestrians all the time.
By the end of the trip though, we were all ready to go home. Thanks Dad! It was really amazing!

1 comment:

samandjenaetrulock said...

You guys went on a dam tour? I'm so dam jealous! Yes, I am laughing at my own joke right now.