Wednesday, January 14, 2009

Our Stockings Were Hung by the Chimney with Care...

except for Gracie's.  She kept playing with hers and of course lost it and we still haven't found it.  These were a last minute rather intense Christmas project I took on this year.  My sister-in-law Katie found this website with these amazing stocking kits.  It comes with everything you need except for polyfill, all you have to do is hand-sew everything.  I thought that they were adorable and couldn't pass up the chance to make something really special for my kids.  However they were more work than I realized and with one major setback (Layla cut Crew's stocking up with scissors so I had to redo it)  I barely got them done in time for the BIG night.  
Layla's stocking



Gracie's stocking

                                                        Crew's stocking
I really wanted to get cute pictures with each kid holding their stocking but since I couldn't get all three (seriously Gracie where is your stocking?)  I guess I will have to wait 'till next year, hopefully we will have found the missing one by then.  I really don't want to have to sew a whole new one.  And in case you're wondering I did embroider the proper names for each child's stocking so you don't have to worry that Crew's stocking says Brad.  Layla's stocking isn't labeled Buddy either.

2 comments:

Kirsten said...

Wow!! I am impressed!! I made stockings a few years ago and they were alot of work but they looked nothing like those!! wow!

samandjenaetrulock said...

Terra these are sooo cute! I am amazed at how crafty you have become. They look like too much work to me. I think I might just be lazy.